Please call 417-337-8529 between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
The Utilities Department is committed in providing professional customer service to those visiting the area and those who make this community home. We will consistently provide safe public drinking water for our visitors and citizens. Our waste water collection and treatment systems will be operated to produce the highest quality effluent possible in order to protect our lakes and streams for the enjoyment of future generations.
Branson owns and operates its own water and sewer systems that include two surface water treatment plants, seven ground water wells, and two wastewater treatment plants that are equipped with phosphorus removal equipment to ensure that high quality water is returned to Lake Taneycomo. Branson was the first city in Missouri to install phosphorus removal equipment in 1995. Both water and wastewater treatment plants are staffed 24/7.
Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant Tours
Tours are available for schools, home schools, and groups.
Call 417-243-2740 for booking and availability
Hours of Operation
The Administrative offices are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For emergencies after 4:30 p.m. or on weekends/holidays call the police department at 417-334-3300.
|New Year's Day (January 1st)|
Martin Luther King Jr. Day (third Monday in January)
Presidents' Day (Third Monday in February)
Memorial Day (Last Monday in May)
Independence Day (July 4)
Labor Day (First Monday in September)
|Veterans' Day (November 11)|
Thanksgiving (Fourth Thursday in November)
Day after Thanksgiving
Christmas Eve (December 24)
Christmas (December 25)
If you are looking for a career, we are looking for you!
Are you a motivated, determined, problem solving team player? Does the idea of working for an organization that has a dedicated staff with motivation appeal to you?
The City of Branson Utilities Department offers countless possibilities for career growth and development. From just starting out to experienced professionals the City of Branson Utilities Department has a variety of tools to help you take your career to the next level.
Kendall PowellUtilities Director
Utilities AdministrationPhysical Address
616 W. Pacific St.
Branson, MO 65616
Utility BillingPhysical Address
110 W Maddux
Branson, MO 65616
Utilities Inspections/Plan ReviewPhone: 417-243-2733
Missouri One CallPhone: 1-800-344-7483
Amazing Water Facts
- About 6,800 gallons of water is required to grow a day’s food for a family of four.
- An acre of corn will give off 4,000 gallons of water per day in evaporation.
- Human bones are 25% water.
- It takes 50 gallons of water to produce one egg. (Most of the water is required to produce the chicken's food)
- Two-thirds of water used at home is used in the bathroom.
- You should drink half your body weight in ounces of water per day, so if you weigh 200 pounds, drink 100 ounces.
- It takes 1,850 gallons of water to refine one barrel of crude oil.
- One gallon of gasoline can contaminate approcimately 750,000 gallons of water.
- The two largest selling brands of bottled water are treated tap water packaged by the two largest cola companies.
- Bottles water can be up to 1,000 times more expensive than tap water, and it may not be as safe.